Compressed air provides us with a less expensive and greener manner to fuel our businesses. Air compressors play a crucial role in our modern-day world. Their efficiency and reliability make them paramount and needed for every business owner. This article will focus only on electric air compressors and all you need to know about them.
The two most common air compressors you’re likely to encounter in almost every market are – diesel air compressors and electric ones. In this article, I’ll show you the nitty-gritty of electric air compressors and help you know if they are the ideal ones for your desired purpose.
Uses of Electric Air Compressors
Perhaps the most crucial thing about electric compressors Is their ability to work well and consistently in a wide range of activities. For instance, they are powerful tools used in – construction, farming, hospitality, automotive, mining, manufacturing, and the oil and gas industries.
Advantages of Electric Air Compressors
Electric compressors have many advantages over their diesel counterparts. They are even more critical due to the all-time high prices of fuels. These advantages include:
- They make less noise.
- Saving cash on energy as electricity is more affordable than diesel.
- They lower the maintenance cost.
- Conserving resources and environment – don’t spill diesel.
- Do not expose users to a strong odor and harmful vapor – this makes them excellent for indoor use.
- Have a constant operation.
- Have an increased uptime – this makes them reliable and more productive.
- They simplify operation and are safer to operate.
- They produce compressed air of high quality.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an Electric Air Compressor
This area is perhaps the most critical to note before deciding to purchase something that will suit you. You’ll first have to revise the electric air compressor price in Kenya to decide which one suits your budget. After that; you’ll have to consider the following:
- Your environment and where you’ll mainly operate the compressor.
- Whether you want a portable or stationary compressor.
- Look at the horsepower, psig, and cfm capacity – choose the one that suits your needs.
- Look at the jobs you’ll need your compressor to handle and the tools you’ll need to power – this will determine the size of your compressor.
- Reliability – this is how often you’ll operate the compressor.
- Consider the air capacity and motor quality of the compressor you want to buy.
- Consider the durability of the components of the compressor.
- Also, look at the warranty and design of the compressor.
Be cautious and don’t be tempted to acquire a cheaper or undersized compressor in the name of saving money, as this will lead to later incurred charges during replacements and maintenance.
Care for Electric Compressors
All you need to make sure your compressor stays in excellent condition is to protect and maintain it well. Practice these preventive – maintenance steps:
- Inspect regularly for excessive dirt, any clogged filters, and even leakages.
- Make sure the compressor has sufficient ventilation.
- Constantly watch the pressure as it drops when the compressor is very hot.
- Regularly check the oil – always add extra in hot weather.
- Check the oil at least weekly to drain formed condensate.
It’s undisputed that electric compressors are energy efficient and have long working hours – quality ones can last for decades. You must, however, make sure that you have access to electricity before buying one.