So you are a startup or a big organization that has finally decided to digitize yourself and is confused about whether or not to invest in LMS? Or maybe you have decided to purchase an LMS but with so many learning platforms available on the internet you are unclear about which one will be a good fit for you. Let us tell you briefly about LMS and you can decide for yourself if LMS is a good fit for your organization. So why not start with the basics.
What an LMS is?
LMS is an abbreviation for Learning Management System, which is an eLearning platform designed to meet the needs of both the organization and the employee. It is a web-based or software-based application used to create, assess, track and analyze specific courses as per your business requirements. An LMS is used for educational institutions or companies of all sizes and numbers. Here we are going to focus on how LMS helps in business.
Purpose of LMS
- To empower L&D: LMS’s purpose is to empower L&D departments, i.e, the Learning and Development department which enhances employees’ skills and knowledge to increase their productivity. The success of an organization depends upon the productivity of an employee so organizations need to train their workers for them to deliver better revenue.
- Employee onboarding: LMS helps move your traditional in-person training program to online employee onboarding, therefore, reducing the cost of training, and traveling, saving time and energy, and helping the employee to connect with top-notch trainers. It makes onboarding workflow easy, which includes the steps that new hires are required to go through.
- Track Learners’ progress and performance: LMS facilitates you with the opportunity to track your employees’ progress and performance, therefore enabling targeted learning. By tracking their progress not only you can identify the outstanding employee but also know where your employee is lacking therefore provide them with training accordingly.
- Certification: LMS helps you in tracking those employees who have completed their course and then provide them with certificate. An employee with certification helps one to identify the skillset an employee has or in which field he is trained and assign roles and responsibilities accordingly.If you are new to Instagram and want to get started with your social media journey, then Instalkr is a great tool to use. The free version allows you to follow other people’s stories and browse through their profile pictures. There are many advantages to using Ingramer for your Instagram account. It’s a user-friendly platform that doesn’t require a password and is easy to use.
You can follow different accounts and choose which ones you want to follow. You can also copy and republish any content you find on Instagram using Ingramer. Then, you can track your statistics on a personal dashboard. After setting up your account with Ingramer, all you have to do is follow the accounts you want to follow and keep track of them.
- Updated Content: LMS is an important application when it comes to using LMS in corporate culture. Since the market is an uncertain and ever-changing place employees must keep themselves updated with the latest changes. With the help of LMS, you can update your content anytime and anywhere enabling employees to be up-to-date.
- Centralized Learning: LMS being an online learning platform allows you to globalize your course, which means an endless number of learners. LMS performs as a source of centralized learning by allowing multiple users to access online learning programs, online training programs from the same source, anytime and anywhere.
Features that an LMS must have
- Easy to use: Not everyone is a tech person or fascinated by technology, but if you want them to work for you, you need to have a user-friendly LMS.
- Responsive design: Your LMS should provide flawless accessibility of content to any device such as phones, tablets, desktops, etc. Cloud-based LMS helps you achieve such flexibility to access content from any device.
- Reminders and notifications: The ability to set reminders for employees for any deadline or to notify them about any upcoming training or event is also a must-have feature.
- Assigning: Assigning roles or duties to the employees as per their skill set or the program they are certified in or assigning courses to learners as per their requirements.
- Feedback: Choose an LMS that provides employees with the facility to provide feedback so that organization can get direct feedback from users who are using the platform and take corrective measures if there is any negative feedback.
LMS has become an integral part of organizations that have decided to go online. Today almost every organization has LMS or is about to get one. It makes your day-to-day activity easy, transparent, and smooth. Having an LMS proves to be cost-effective and provides learners with courses and training programs as per their needs. However, it is totally up to you if you want an LMS.
canvas fisd (My Cfisd Net) – Learning Together Anywhere