When it comes to adults, the majority of them have around 64 upper extremity bones in their hands, arms, and shoulders, which constitutes around 1/3rd of the bones in a human body. From your shoulder to fingertips, your upper limb generally has around 28 muscles. When one considers the nerves, tendons, veins, and arteries, it’s easy to see why upper extremities and hands are affected by so many ailments.
If you are looking for treatment for upper extremity conditions then do get in touch with the upper extremity specialists from Ortho 1. At Ortho 1, the staff are very friendly and provide the best treatment to their patients. They are popular for their surgical and non-surgical treatments. They help their patients recover faster, safely. They accept most of the insurance plans too. Choose a health care center like this always, if you are looking for the best treatment.
How to Find the Best Upper Extremity Specialist in La Jolla?
- Patient Reviews- Check the patient reviews of different doctors in your location to find the best from them.
- Treatment Options- Choose a specialist who provides advanced treatment options for your condition.
- Treatment Cost- Compare the treatment cost of different specialists in your location and choose the best one from the options available.
- Experience- Give priority to experience always. Give your first priority to experienced doctors always if you are looking for the best treatment.
Location Specific Upper Extremity Conditions
- Finger and Hand Conditions- Trigger finger, absent thumb, finger injuries, and hand injuries come under this condition.
- Shoulder Conditions- Labral tears and rotator cuff injury come under this condition.
- Wrist and Elbow Conditions- Carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, and elbow tendinitis generally fall into this category.
Common Upper Extremity Conditions
- Rheumatoid Arthritis- This condition generally develops when the immune system of your body attacks and causes damage to joints.
- Osteoarthritis- This condition can affect any joints in your body. Besides, it is commonly known as degenerative joint disease. Another name for this problem is ‘wear and tear’ arthritis. This condition can affect both elderly and middle-aged people.
- Trauma and Injuries- This condition is generally caused due to joints or bones or nerve damage, burns, and bites.
- Gout- This is a hereditary problem. Besides, this condition usually causes excess uric acid in human blood. When the uric acid levels increase in your blood, it can result in the formation of crystals, which causes severe joint pain.
Say bye-bye to all your health problems today by choosing the best doctor in your location!