Electronic Medical Record is called EMR, and it refers to the record that is maintained digitally. All these digital records will be of great use when they are required for verification and other processes. On the other hand, EHR is related to the health of the patient. There are people who get confused with both of these terms. Though they might look like the same meaning, they have differences. Both these process helps in the medical field by providing a lot more information about the patients. So, please pick up the threads of reading to know more benefits of EMR Software for Hospitals and Clinics.
What is EMR?
Electronic Medical Records are similar to the charts that are available in the clinics and their offices. The only difference is that these are available in a digitalized format. It contains the medical history and the background of the patient, which can be used for future uses. They have so many advantages over the records that are maintained on the paper. This is because records that are maintained on paper have all possibilities of data loss or becoming old. But this is not the same with EMR as they can be preserved digitally.
- The EMR can also be used to track the patient and their medical data.
- With these data available in hand, it is much easier to identify the patients about their medication, whereabouts and also their checkups that have been missed.
- It also helps in checking the body and system parameters of the patient. It helps you to check and monitor the blood pressure, heartbeat etc. when these basic parameters have been able to monitor. Then the process of saving a person becomes much easier.
- When the patients are being monitored, then it is much easier to take good care of them and their health. It might also be helpful and used to prevent the attacks or other symptoms that can occur.
- This tracking of patients can also help in providing home services for elderly citizens as they won’t be able to visit their doctors much easily.
But there are also few occasions where these EMR’s of a patient much be taken as a hardcopy. Thus, having just a softcopy of the patient and their details is not enough. These hard copies might be sent to specialists for further medical procedures that have to be carried out. The procedures of learning, studying, and practices to read EMR’s are even available in few Paramedical courses.
A dive into EHR’s
This process of EHR takes care of the patient’s health and goes beyond the details such as data and its collection. These EHR software does not restrict itself to the organization but collects the details of patients even outside the organization. There are so many Cardiology hospitals in Chennai which uses these technologies for medical situations. They are, in fact, built on sharing the information that the doner and the needer requires. This can also be represented as a server that can connect even two organizations for some medical purposes. This EHR serves many advantages and benefits such as:
- There is always a primary care and attention provider for a patient. When this patient is in an emergency, it can also be due to allergy or another clinical requirement. Then, these primary providers have access to the emergency information even if the patient is unconscious.
- The patient will also be provided with a login. With these login credentials, the patient can log in to their account and also check about the increase in modernization in the medical field. This can encourage the patient to trust in the process of medication.
- There will be no necessity for duplicate tests; this is because the lab test that was taken from the patient previously will be available, and thus the doctor can directly check about their patient’s medical condition.
- All these processes and data collection will help in maintaining the patient’s good health without much struggle.
- Not just during their treatment process, will this software be helpful. But this will also be helpful until the discharge of the patient and ensure a smooth process in overall.
The bottom line
Thus, there are so many new-age technologies that are playing a vital role in the field of medical science. Understanding all these technologies by the upcoming medical generations can help in providing a dominating medical service for society and its people.