Moving to some other place in the country may change the whole lifestyle of an individual. New places and new neighbours are already too much to handle and if it is followed by climate change, the situation may become a lot more challenging. As we know that moving to an altogether new place may stress your body and mind in many ways. When we move to a new place, the change in air quality and weather can cause great damage to our breathing abilities. No matter what are your reasons for moving from one place to another, it is a long-term and mostly irrevocable decision. So, it is wise to adjust to the weather as soon as possible. Though we cannot do anything to change the climate of a place, you can take some precautionary measures to adapt to the situation.
Here is a guide to adjust to various climatic changes:
Adapting to Altitude
It is hard to adjust to the mountains when you have lived in plains all your life. The experts at Pricing Van Lines explain that moving from one state to another will also change the weather conditions and the higher you go, the longer it takes to adapt to the local climate. Your lungs may take at least three months to adapt to the cold as your body will have to increase the number of red blood cells to produce and carry more oxygen. Living at sea level is a lot more different from living at a higher altitude area. You can follow some tips given below to adjust to a high-altitude area.
- Avoid doing heavy exercise as at a higher altitude the air gets thinner with less oxygen level. You can re-start your exercising routine after your body strengthens and adjust to the climate.
- Your body loses more water and salt at a higher altitude than at sea level. So, make sure you drink plenty of water.
- Increase your potassium intake as you may face issues like muscle cramps and dehydration.
- Avoid alcohol or at least limit your intake as it may trigger altitude sickness.
Adapting to Cold
The human body has the ability to combat minor weather changes and to adjust to different weather to some extent. But when it comes to extreme weather, you may face some physiological issues. Your body needs to do some internal adjustments to adapt to the changed climatic conditions. Our body has the mechanism to adjust itself to changing weather and it takes about two to three weeks for a healthy individual to adjust to a colder place. Make sure you keep following tips in mind when moving to a colder climate.
- Wear appropriate clothing to keep your body warm, for instance, you can consider dressing in layers to stay warm.
- It may sound weird but taking a cold shower will help you adapt to the weather pretty quickly. You can limit your cold shower time to 10-15 seconds initially to avoid that thunder in your body. A cold shower has many other health benefits and is often safe for most people.
- You should avoid sweating in the beginning days after your move as sweating will not only cause moisture loss but will also make your feel cold. You can re-start your exercise routine once you get used to the cold climate.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Adapting to Extremely Hot Weather
Extreme weather conditions are always hard to handle and when it comes to hot climates, it becomes all the more difficult. Even people who have lived in traditionally hot places all their lives find it hard to stay healthy and fit, so when it comes to moving from a colder place to a hot place, you may face many problems. It takes about a few weeks to adapt to a hot climate as the concentration of water and salt get cooler and help in adjusting your body temperature to the outside climate. Along with the physiological changes, make sure you follow the tips given below.
- Drink plenty of water or other healthy beverages to stay hydrated.
- Do not exercise in the beginning days of your move so that your body gets used to the current climate.
- Eat the right kind of food and for that, sticking to the local cuisine is a very good idea. Avoid over-spicy food as that causes heat in the body.
- Consider eating local raw fruits and vegetables. Green tea can also help you in staying healthy and hydrated.
- Avoid going out during the day until it is absolutely necessary. If you have to go out, make sure you use a good sunscreen to save your skin and take an umbrella to stay away from the sun as much as possible.
Moving to a place with totally different climatic conditions should be avoided if possible, but if you have to move then it is highly recommended to follow the tips to adapt to the different weather soon. Do not take any physical change, body pain, and/or any other health-related problem lightly, and consult a doctor whenever you feel the need to. If you are looking for download the latest movies for free, you can download free movies from Tamilmv. And You can also download free movies from PagalMovies