Being overweight doesn’t just have effects on your physical appearance, but there are also many comorbidities that come with being obese. Sometimes the fat can be very stubborn and hard to shed, San Francisco liposuction can be a very helpful tool against such fat.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a procedure that comes under the umbrella of aesthetic and cosmetic surgeries. It targets the stubborn fat of the body, which might be very tough to get rid of with the help of dieting and exercising.
Liposuction is basically a process of removing fat cells from the targeted area with mechanical trauma and suction. It is most commonly done on the stomach area, thighs, back, arms, and buttocks; it can also be done on the face. It is a procedure that is used to improve the shape of different body parts.
Sometimes, liposuction is also used to cure some diseases and help in managing several medical problems.
- Liposuction helps in giving a better shape to the body parts that one might be insecure about like stomach, thighs, cheeks, calves, underarms, back, etc.
- It is very helpful for those people who fail to get rid of the fat despite trying all sorts of diets and exercises.
- It helps with the overall contouring of the body.
- As opposed to the popular misunderstanding, the procedure of liposuction is not very costly and on the contrary, is very cost-effective.
- It helps in the complete removal of lipomas which are non-cancerous fatty tumors.
- The process is not that painful.
- It can also help in managing chronic diseases like diabetes and abnormal thyroid in a better way.
- It is helpful in treating lipodystrophy syndrome which causes a disturbance in the body’s metabolism resulting in excessive fat in particular areas.
- It is also used as a cure for gynecomastia, which leads to the accumulation of excess fat on the breast area of a man.
- It also reduces a person’s chances of getting a cardiac arrest and other medical problems like knee replacement, as they are directly linked to being overweight.
- Lastly, but not least, liposuction can help you in getting your confidence back that you might have lost due to the stigma attached to certain body types.
So, in conclusion, liposuction is a procedure that can help you immensely in your weight loss journey. However, there are some risks involved, so consulting with a good doctor is of utmost importance.