Wine is the consummate celebratory drink. Are you going to a party? Put money toward a bottle of wine. Do you feel like staying home tonight and eating something from the microwave? You’re going to need a bottle of wine. You and your significant other are going to your partner’s family’s place for dinner? In other words, pour yourselves a glass of wine.
However, if not kept in the right conditions, a wine bottle can lose a lot of its flavour and colour. For this reason, whether a strong wood rack or a glittering metal one, you will need a wine rack to store your bottles and guarantee that you will not serve bad wine at your summer garden parties. Are you still on the fence about installing a wooden wine rack? This article will go through the benefits of using a wine rack and recommend the best kind of wine rack to acquire.
What are the Benefits of Using a Wine Rack Made of Wood?
Let’s go into why you need a wooden wine rack.
- You can store your wine in one location. Don’t disperse your wine collection all over the house. Instead, keep it all in one convenient spot.
- Vertical storage encourages cork drying and air introduction, hastening wine’s ageing process. Horizontal storage keeps corks moist and stops the wine from oxidising too quickly.
- Wine racks may be effective space savers, which is especially useful if you need to store many bottles in a limited area.
- You may locate a wine rack for a reasonable price no matter how tight your budget is.
- Make a pretty arrangement with your bottles. By displaying them elegantly on a wooden wine rack, your wine bottles may become a beautiful addition to your interior design.
- Racks help facilitate bottle access. Putting your collection on racks allows you to read the labels on each item, making it much easier to locate what you need.
- It would help if you moved your things away from the fridge to lessen the vibrations, as storing things above the fridge is a typical mistake. A rack offers a safe and secure place to store your collection, away from the effects of vibration.
- A rack storage solution is helpful for those who enjoy both commonplace bottles and expensive wines. You may save money by constructing your own rack rather than buying one. Products come in various sizes and prices, making them suitable for use in a commercial or private kitchen or wine cellar. Assuming the space in which the wine is kept is likewise suitable for storing wine, a quality rack can extend the life of the wine for many years to come. The rare bottles of wine can be opened today or in two weeks, whenever you’re ready.
What Is the Ideal Size of a Wine Cabinet?
It’s not as simple as purchasing a 50-bottle cabinet and stuffing it full of wine. The total capacity of a wooden cabinet to store bottles is impacted by the bottles themselves, the shelves’ construction, and the arrangement of the bottles within the cabinet.
With its prominent shoulders, the Cabernet Sauvignon bottle is the standard by which all other wine containers are measured. Similarly, bottle makers have in mind when making products for storing wine at home or in a wine cellar. Some wines, such as pinot noirs and chardonnays, have larger bases than the average wine bottle and cannot be stored on typical wine racks. A cabinet with a larger claimed capacity than the number of bottles you’ll be putting in is the best option if your collection contains many bottles with unusual forms.
In addition, the slight indent in the middle of scalloped wire shelves, as compared to the flat sides of hardwood shelves, allows for extra vertical space for bottles. That’s beneficial regardless of whether or not the bottles in your collection have narrow or broad bottoms.
If you want to keep wine for an extended period, you should do it in a cool, dark, and dry environment. Wine is finest when served at its peak, and every wine enthusiast knows this requires careful storage. It would help if you had a wooden wine rack since there’s no other way to store wine safely. However, those without a lot of room may find it challenging. Fortunately, hanging wine racks offer a stylish and convenient answer to this problem. There is no better way to preserve wine’s flavour and quality than with a wine rack. Investing in a wine rack is a sensible choice to ensure your vino is stored properly.